Nuffnang

Saturday, January 29, 2011

How to backup your Blackberry Application

Question: How to backup my installed Blackberry Application?

Answer: Currently there is a lot of available program allow you to do so... One of my favorite tools is BerryBox. 

Let's start to backup your applications.

1. Download and unzip BerryBox.

2. Run BerryBox.exe


3. The limitation is... The program is in Chinese version :( Nevertheless, I have changed the print screen button to English wording :D. Connect your Blackberry to the USB port and enter your Password (optional). Make sure the Device column is showing your PIN number then press Connect Device button.


4. After connected to your device, Press Read Module button.


5. Select application from the list or check Select All to backup all the applications.


6. Click Save Module button and select the folder you want to save the apps.

7. Sample COD file after you backup the selected apps. Please take note each application will generate 1 COD file. To restore your application you can simply use your DM and select the COD to install the apps.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. You can always reach me at jeffrey@mobileapps.com.my :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    Blackberry Development

    ReplyDelete